On and up, hopefully! As some of you may already know, I decided, after lots of thinking, planning, and saving, to leave my current Marketing position at the end of the month. It has been a move I have wanted to make for a year. It was a difficult decision; who leaves a great, secure office job with good pay, benefits, and security? Usually not someone like me, a worrywart for as long as I can remember, someone who is constantly thinking “what if”, someone who has often felt the need to be successful by traditional, societal standards. Giving my notice was terrifying; as some of you reading well know, it took me weeks after I decided I was leaving to actually give my notice because I just couldn’t figure out how to do it.
I thought I should stay and stick it out even though I was unhappy for some time, and despite the fact that I know there is a place for me elsewhere. Eventually that growing adventurous spirit won out
But now it’s done, and I have 3 weeks left of work and my resume is up-to-date. What the heck is next?
- Foodbuzz Festival in San Francisco and another visit to my home away from home, Sonoma. I can’t wait to get to spend the whole weekend eating and learning with other food bloggers, then head North to Healdsburg to visit a bunch of wineries and do some more eating!
- Red White Boston I am so excited to have more time to work on social media for Red White Boston! There are lots of great events and blog posts coming very soon, and if you live in Boston and enjoy wine, you will want to check it out!
- Niece/nephew arrivals! My sister is due in November and my sister-in-law is due in December. That, my friends, will make for 10 nieces and nephews! I hope to spend part of November with my sister before or after she has the baby, helping with my little niece Isabella and spending time with family.
- Recovering! I have been working myself to the bone and taking many things way too seriously for many, many years. It will be foreign, and I think really nice, to not be on a rigid schedule for a week or two.
- Boston Marathon Training! I am running with The ALLY Foundation again this year and can’t wait to get started.
- Looking for all sorts of great opportunities in Marketing, Social Media, Event Planning, and general writing gigs in food and wine. Please check out my background, and if you know of anything that might fit, let me know!
I haven’t been this happy and excited about life in so long, and I have many of you to thank for the support! THANK YOU!
Before I sign off for the day, one small favor. . . my neighbor and his brother are doing a 51 mile hike this weekend in New Hampshire in memory of their dad, who recently passed away at a young age from Alzheimer’s. He also just started a blog with some fun information for the outdoorsy among us in Boston. It would be really cool if you felt like stopping by and saying hi! Good luck, Rob and Jamie!
I am excited for a long weekend and to go to City Winery in New York City tomorrow night for John Lennon’s 70th birthday party. I <3 weekends!
What is the scariest thing you have done lately?