Kerrygold Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
This giveaway has ended. Thank you, Kerrygold for hosting!
And a giveaway! Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. Thanks to those of you who submitted posts for Healthy Recipe Week. If you would like to submit a recipe to be posted, please send me the recipe text in an email with a photo attachment, and I will let you know what day your recipe will be posted.
How glorious was the weather yesterday?! I went for a run which was my first good run in forever, and I almost cried because the weather felt so nice. I spent the whole run thinking and looking back, it was a rough winter in many ways! I am ready to look ahead!
We didn’t do much for Easter, but I did bake a special dessert, butter cookies from a recipe from the Kerrygold USA website.
The recipe was, of course, rich in Kerrygold butter. I was out of salted, so I used a mix of salted and unsalted.
The recipe called for mixing the butter and sugar with a mixer. Since I don’t have one, we used every other tool in the kitchen to mash the butter and sugar together until fluffy. We are fancy bakers in my house, let me tell you!
Eventually, the dough came together into a nice, non-sticky ball which I refrigerated overnight to allow it to firm up enough to cut.
Once ready to bake, I rolled the dough into a somewhat even log and cut the cookies out.
18 minutes later in a 325 oven, and my not-so-round cookies were done. We’ll call them Easter egg shaped, shall we?
To make the sandwiches, I softened some raspberry sorbet from Trader Joe’s and stuffed it in between two buttery cookies.
Isn’t it pretty? The crunchy, buttery cookies were a tiny bit too sweet for me, making just a small sandwich the perfect dessert. I love cookie sandwiches for the contrast between cool and warm, crunchy and creamy, and I loved that the color of the sorbet was so spring-like!
I am thinking that these will be a great dessert for Mother’s Day, which is just a couple of weeks away! Kerrygold has all sorts of great recipes on their website, and I am teaming up with Kerrygold to help you make one or more of their recipes for Mother’s Day or another spring occasion!
They are generously giving one reader a hamper containing a month of butter and cheese. I have made several Kerrygold converts, including my mom and sister, over the past few months, and once you try their butter and cheese, I think you will be in love too!
1) Go to Kerrygold’s recipes, and let me know what recipe looks best to you in a comment.
2) Tweet “I want to win a month of @kerrygoldusa butter + cheese” with a link back to this post and follow @kerrygoldusa if you aren’t already. You’ll want to, they do lots of tweeting about butter and cheese!
3) If you have a blog, let your readers know with a link back to this post in your next post.
I will choose a winner on Friday morning, so please check back. Good luck!
- Prosecco Superiore Seminar
- Eating in Ireland: Kai Cafe and Restaurant Galway
- New Favorite Cocktail Bar: Tribeton Galway
- Eataly Boston – A Sneak Peek
- Wine from Sardinia: Vigne Surrau
- Landmark Public House Dorchester
- Rainy New England Wanderings
- Travel Tuesday, Chicago Marathon
- Travel Tuesday: Santa Maria La Palma Sardinian Wine Tasting
- #WorkWednesday – Work Lately