Liberty Wharf is quickly becoming one of the places I spend my downtime, apparently. From hanging out at the dock, to sipping cocktails at Legal Harborside and dining at Temazcal, I was at the waterfront complex three times in just a week. Last night, I had the great opportunity to return to Del Frisco’s for a media dinner. Surrounded by some of my favorite bloggers, I got another glimpse into the swanky deliciousness that is Del Frisco’s. Since you will likely read a few recaps, I thought that, after two visits to Del Frisco’s I would share my Top 5 favorite things.
1) Location, location, location – Del Frisco’s expansive windows take full advantage of its waterfront beauty, and the Harbor Room, where we were lucky enough to dine, was luxe and well-lit. There was clearly a ton of thought put into the décor and ambience.
2) The wine and cocktail lists – I wrote about this for CBS, and my repeat visit reinforced my two thumbs up for the fancy cocktails and wine available at Del Frisco’s. From their VIP Martini, made with vodka infused with hand-squeezed pineapple juice to the Cabernet Sauvignon made just for the restaurant, they offer drinks for every occasion and food pairing.
3) Salads – Del Frisco’s might be a steakhouse, but they don’t scrimp on creativity when it comes to veggie options. This tomato and sweet onion salad with blue cheese crumbles was one of several options, all of which sounded delicious and looked very fresh. You aren’t going to find those lame garden salads with one cucumber, one cherry tomato, and one ring of red onion here.
4) Sides – Just like with the salads, Del Frisco’s pulls out all the stops with the sides. From the giant, crispy onion rings to the creamy Chateau potatoes, lobster macaroni and cheese, and marinated mushrooms, to all of the veggies available, a meal could easily be made of sides. Vegetarians have quite a few options here, and they are good ones.
5) My need to return for dessert – Our dinner was a long one, and after a crazy week, I left before dessert. But Michelle’s dessert photos roped me back in. I think my next visit to Del Frisco’s might just be for bubbly and dessert.
We ate a LOT of great food over the course of the evening, and I was happy to see familiar faces as well as new ones. Thank you, Del Frisco’s for a wonderful evening. I can’t wait t return!