I’ll just apologize now for my growing obsession with Pinterest. Unless, of course, you share the obsession, then you know what I mean, and I want to follow you.
I am generally a list person; I have lists for everything, recipes, groceries, workouts, work tasks, home tasks, etc. For these, Notepad is my simple best friend. But for visual organization, Pinterest is my new best friend. It’s a great place to organize not just my own favorite recipes, photos, and trips, but also to pull from other people’s creativity and experiences.
I am a terrible clothes shopper. I have no sense of what should go together, so I buy random pieces, and I feel like I never have anything to wear. Not that I am going on a shopping spree anytime soon, but my Pinterest Style board actually helps me pull together things I love so that when I do go shopping, I at least have some sort of idea.
Likewise, I don’t have a house being built right now, but Pinterest allows me to dream a little dream when it comes to designing that someday house. For every bad neighbor we have, add a couple of acres on to my future land. Update: our little neighbor boys smoke 24 hours a day; and even though they’re doing so inside their apartment, our kitchen now reeks like an ashtray. So glad we worked hard to buy this place!
Indulge me for a few minutes as I get away from our frustrating reality. . .
My dream house:
- A farmhouse, preferably somewhere beautiful and not very cold
- At least one fireplace
- Lots of land with part of it entirely fenced in for my someday adopted dogs
- A gigantic soaking tub
- A steam shower
- Hardwood floors that are heated
- Solar panels or a windmill
- A huge kitchen with 8 burners, a big island and built in wine fridge
- A wine room
- Dining space in the kitchen for a small group and a huge, rustic wood table in the dining room for parties
- A giant garden and fruit trees
This will be my view.
Our house will have to have enough land around it so that my giant soaking tub can have windows overlooking the beautiful landscape. It definitely won’t have as much white in the kitchen or bedroom; I am very spill-prone and pet friendly. I just like the other touches in these rooms. My farmhouse is comfy, well lit, warm, and functional, allowing us to do lots of cooking, relaxing, and entertaining.
What’s your dream house like?
- State Road, Martha’s Vineyard
- A Little More Galway
- Travel Tuesday: A Martha’s Vineyard Getaway at Nobnocket Boutique Inn
- Travel Tuesday: Il Vicolo Galway
- Spread the Love Food Drive with Bon Me and Rosie’s Place
- Travel Tuesday: Ashford Castle Lunch
- Navarra Wine at Sunday Dinner
- Winter Weekend Fun & Hygge
- The Wild Atlantic Way: Achill Island Hotel
- 2016 Goals In Review