It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Today is the first full day of the summer season, and with temperatures rising into the mid-90’s, it certainly feels like it. We welcomed the season last night with open arms, a sunset cruise, and a picnic of perfect summer foods.
There was hummus, shrimp cocktails, olives, smoked salmon, chicken salad, cheese, salami, crackers, bread, and of course sparkling wine. Summer is most definitely my favorite time of year, and to make the most of it and to get to things I always forget about, I’ve made a Summer 2012 list.
Here’s what I hope to do this summer. I could not think of number 10 quite yet (though I do have some ideas), so tell me some of the things on your wish list for this year!
1) Sleep on the boat at Spectacle Island
2) Go paddle boarding at UMASS Boston
3) Have a great big lobster boil with lobsters, clams, mussels, potatoes, corn, and strawberry shortcake
4) Spend a night with the Blues Barge at the Boston Harbor Hotel
5) Watch a Friday night film at the Boston Harbor Hotel (We watched Rear Window here a few summers ago, so fun, but bring something soft to sit on!)
6) Take an outdoor yoga class
7) Not open my laptop as many weekends as possible
8) Swim off of World’s End