This Thanksgiving is going to be a little bit different than past years. Over our time together, we have spent several Thanksgivings in Ireland. This year, due to work schedules and family travel, we are staying home. I only get Thanksgiving Day off, so we have decided to spend a cozy Thanksgiving for two, cooking, drinking wine, and listening to Christmas music in our PJ’s. I can’t wait.
When planning our Thanksgiving menu, I wanted to incorporate traditional elements along with some of the Irish-inspired favorites I have made in the past without going overboard.
I will make these early in the day or even the night before Thanksgiving so we have afternoon snacks to munch on with glasses of cold bubbly.
Smoked Salmon Dip – This was a favorite from our Thanksgiving in Ireland. We’ll spread it on brown bread.
A to-be-determined dessert – what are your favorite Thanksgiving desserts aside from pies?
- Navarra Wine at Sunday Dinner
- Winter Weekend Fun & Hygge
- The Wild Atlantic Way: Achill Island Hotel
- 2016 Goals In Review
- Travel 2016: Year In Review
- Wines of Navarra: Castillo de Monjardin
- Local Beer: True West
- Blogger Cocktail and Wine Event at Olive Connection Brookline
- Travel Tuesday: Achill Island
- Weekend in Portland Maine