This Thanksgiving is going to be a little bit different than past years. Over our time together, we have spent several Thanksgivings in Ireland. This year, due to work schedules and family travel, we are staying home. I only get Thanksgiving Day off, so we have decided to spend a cozy Thanksgiving for two, cooking, drinking wine, and listening to Christmas music in our PJ’s. I can’t wait.
When planning our Thanksgiving menu, I wanted to incorporate traditional elements along with some of the Irish-inspired favorites I have made in the past without going overboard.
I will make these early in the day or even the night before Thanksgiving so we have afternoon snacks to munch on with glasses of cold bubbly.
Smoked Salmon Dip – This was a favorite from our Thanksgiving in Ireland. We’ll spread it on brown bread.
A to-be-determined dessert – what are your favorite Thanksgiving desserts aside from pies?
- New Favorite Cocktail Bar: Tribeton Galway
- Eataly Boston – A Sneak Peek
- Wine from Sardinia: Vigne Surrau
- Landmark Public House Dorchester
- Rainy New England Wanderings
- Travel Tuesday, Chicago Marathon
- Travel Tuesday: Santa Maria La Palma Sardinian Wine Tasting
- #WorkWednesday – Work Lately
- Wine of the Week: Biltmore Estate Brut Sparkling Wine
- Travel Tuesday: Scenes from Asheville