This Thanksgiving is going to be a little bit different than past years. Over our time together, we have spent several Thanksgivings in Ireland. This year, due to work schedules and family travel, we are staying home. I only get Thanksgiving Day off, so we have decided to spend a cozy Thanksgiving for two, cooking, drinking wine, and listening to Christmas music in our PJ’s. I can’t wait.
When planning our Thanksgiving menu, I wanted to incorporate traditional elements along with some of the Irish-inspired favorites I have made in the past without going overboard.
I will make these early in the day or even the night before Thanksgiving so we have afternoon snacks to munch on with glasses of cold bubbly.
Smoked Salmon Dip – This was a favorite from our Thanksgiving in Ireland. We’ll spread it on brown bread.
A to-be-determined dessert – what are your favorite Thanksgiving desserts aside from pies?
- Travel Tuesday: Heritage House Resort on the Mendocino Coast
- Martha’s Vineyard in Winter
- State Road, Martha’s Vineyard
- A Little More Galway
- Travel Tuesday: A Martha’s Vineyard Getaway at Nobnocket Boutique Inn
- Travel Tuesday: Il Vicolo Galway
- Spread the Love Food Drive with Bon Me and Rosie’s Place
- Travel Tuesday: Ashford Castle Lunch
- Navarra Wine at Sunday Dinner
- Winter Weekend Fun & Hygge