Traveling while vegan? We rounded up the best resources from around the web to help you on your way!
15 Tips for Easy Vegan Travel (theplanetd.com) – Aug 20 2019
Topics: Hello Dale, Easy Vegan Travel, Eco, Franca, Berlin, vegan travel, smartest choice, vegan restaurants
- 1. Make Vegan Easy For Street Vendors
- 2. Research Using Pinterest & Instagram
- 3. Learn The Most Useful Phrases
- 4. Find Local Vegans Through Online Groups
- 5. Carry Vegan Treats With You
- 6. Learn Local Ingredients
- 7. Notify Your Accommodation
- 8. Find Apartments With Kitchens Using Airbnb
- 9. Stay & Eat with Local Vegans by Couchsurfing
- 10. Pack Eco Cosmetics (Just In Case They’re Hard To Find)
- 11. Email The Local Tourism Association
- 12. Find 100% Vegan Accommodation
- 13. Lightweight Packable Goods To Use As “Doggy Bags”
- 14. Search For Health Shops At Your Destination
- 15. Follow Vegan Travel Blogs!
Travel Vegan Q&A: Everything You Need to Know | Nomadic Vegan (thenomadicvegan.com) – Sep 17 2018
Topics: vegan food, Europe, Map, vegan tour, Japan, vegan travel, India, independent travel
- Vegan travel means maintaining a vegan lifestyle while you’re away from home.
- Download my free ebook, 9 Steps for Easy Vegan Travel , for my top tips on maintaining your vegan lifestyle while on the road.
- When it comes to food, this means avoiding not just meat but also eggs and dairy products.
- Fully vegan restaurants abound in many cities, and mainstream restaurants are also increasing their vegan offerings and marking vegan options on their menus.
- While there are plenty of places that have gained a reputation as vegan meccas (see the non-exhaustive list above), there are other destinations with a traditional cuisine that happens to be quite vegan-friendly, despite the lack of a strong vegan movement there.
- This ranking is based on several factors, including the number of vegetarian and vegan restaurants, the annual meat consumption per capita, and the number of estimated vegetarians and vegans in the country.
How to Eat Around the World on a Vegan Diet (nomadicmatt.com) – Apr 17 2017
Topics: Couchsurfing, Sweden, good adventure, vegan restaurants, great vegan travel blogs, proper meal, power bars, cool people
- I know scores of travelers who’s food allergies and dietary restrictions make traveling to many regions of the world very, very difficult.
- Growing up, it was always assumed that if you did well in school, you were sort of obligated to go to university, get a good job, marry, have 2.5 children, etc, etc.
- Many cities in Europe are actually amazing vegan hubs (Berlin and Glasgow to name two).
- The trouble arises when you visit somewhere with a high language barrier that also has very different cultural food norms.
- In countries like this, the difficulty isn’t finding food – basic staples like rice and vegetables and fruits can always be found at markets and stores – but interacting with locals and having to explain your diet, which can come off as some sort of implicit judgment of their own diet.
- Nowadays you can find vegan restaurants pretty much everywhere.
Vegan Travel Advice: How to Eat Well Wherever You Go – Vegan.com (vegan.com)
Topics: Vegan travel, vegan food, vegan meal, unfamiliar foods, several other vegan choices, vegan dining guide, local grocery offerings, new vegan foods
- Wherever you go, you can probably discover a wealth of vegan options if you research your options in advance.
- Most of the world’s cuisines offers exciting vegan foods unlike anything you’ve ever eaten.
- Most of these airlines offer at least one vegan snack or meal option.
- Even if you can’t eat well on the plane, you can often grab a satisfying meal at the airport.
10 Must-Haves for Healthy Vegan Travel (vegnews.com)
Topics: healthy, green life, ideal diet, healthy protein bar, vegan meals, free ones, green veggies, quick overnight camping trip, individual cards
- 1. Water bottle
- 2. Drinkable veggies
- 3. Reusable utensils
- 4. Nausea bands
- 5. Travel-friendly probiotics
- 6. Comfortable walking shoes
- 7. Flexible cutting board and small knife
- 8. Emergency food
- 9. Nesting food containers
- 10. Select Wisely cards
How to Keep Your Whole Food Plant-Based Vegan Diet While Traveling (mamasezz.com)
Topics: vegan travel, Paris, Facebook, whole food, creamy vegan green smoothie, vegan meals, airplane food, peas Carrot sticks
- Search hashtags on Instagram to find whole food plant-based and vegan dining wherever you go.
- Keep in mind, while many of the larger airports have vegan options these days, they don’t always have healthy whole food plant-based vegan options.
- Learn to order whole food plant-based meals at non-vegan restaurants.
Summer Travel: 8 Tips for Vegans (vegetariantimes.com) – Feb 23 2016
Topics: vegan travel, local vegetarian and vegan friends, common accidentally vegan dishes, Greek salad, shared kitchen facilities, oyster sauce, vegan food, local websites
- 1. Plan ahead.
- 2. If you’re not into planning, crowdsource tips.
- 3. Have backups.
- 4. Choose where to stay carefully.
- 5. Don’t forget about toiletries!
- 6. Be prepared for emergency cooking.
- 7. Don’t starve because it’s Sunday.
- 8. Enjoy yourself!